Unless we’re being lied to by TVGuide.com, MTV.com, and our very own Tivos, last night’s scheduled episode of I’m From Rolling Stone never aired. Maybe the show has finally been yanked, or perhaps MTV felt that the country needs the healing power of Bam’s Unholy Union; either way, this is greatly disappointing, as Sunday’s installment was supposed to feature the interns doing some sure-to-be hilarious environmental reporting. That said, we don’t really need to actually see the show anymore to know what’s going on, so we’ve decided to encapsulate it anyway:
Highlights from Episode 311: “Wenner Takes All”
- Russell sleeps in, walks around, grunts a little bit.
- Krishtine finds out that Tika has been assigned a 40-word charticle on Damon Dash’s new line of shoelaces, causing Krish to glare with jealousy.
- While reporting on the ailing Florida marshes, Krystal gets hit on by a manatee.
- Joe Levy continues to needlessly invoke Rolling Stone whenever possible, reminding Peter that “we use number four coffee filters…here at Rolling Stone” and “I can’t find my keys…here at Rolling Stone.”
- The guy from Wolfmother shows up, again.
- The show’s editor sighs, looks up from his monitor, and says to an empty room: “You know, the problem with this whole thing isn’t that the director and producers couldn’t capture what’s going on with these kids; the problem is that, in the year 2007, there’s just very little that’s sexy or intriguing about working at a big-name magazine. And it certainly doesn’t help that everyone in this group was clearly selected on the basis of what ‘classic’ reality-show characters they most resemble.”
- Colin comes out of hiding to do a five-minute phoner with the bassist from O.A.R.