The trailer for Christina Aguilera and Cher’s glitzy upcoming film Burlesque has been unveiled, and to say we’re getting a Glitter meets Showgirls vibe—i.e. two extremely campy movies with similar themes—might be a bit unfair. Still, no cliché is left out of the two-minute glimpse we’re given. Christina buys a one-way bus ticket to L.A.! The sun rises over the Hollywood sign! There’s Hollywood and Vine! (And that’s all just in the first 20 seconds—before Xtina’s had a chance to even strip down to her leather bra.) Watch below.
Oh, Stanley Tucci—how could you?
Now, this is only a couple minutes of what we’re sure is going to be the Oscar contender to beat (cough). So we’ll reserve full judgment until Burlesque is released this Thanksgiving. (And as we know, the dancing extravaganza will contain another Xtina/Sia collaboration.)
And believe us, with classy lines like these…
* “When you are putting on makeup, it’s like you’re an artist. But instead of painting a canvas, you’re painting a face.”
* “I’ve never seen anything like this before and I really wanna be a part of it!”
* “What happened to all the great dancers in L.A.?”
* “There are gonna be all kinds of people—they’ll just want to get close to you because you’re talented.”
* “What is Ally short for?” “Alice.” “Well, welcome to wonderland.”
…we’ll be buying tickets for opening night (just like Glitter and Showgirls).