2010 was the year when overtly sexual music recorded by female pop stars finally got a name — “Slutwave”. (Because how dare a woman want sex and then sing about it!) Rolling Stone has even named “Slutwave” the fake genre of the year, but how fake can it be when it’s everywhere? Complex compiled a list of the 25 Greatest Songs of “Slutwave”, and, shocking absolutely no one, roadkill fashionista Ke$ha topped the list, specifically for her single “Blah Blah Blah”, in which she asks of her male suitor to “show me where your dick’s at”. Put your mind back into the gutter by checking out the mag’s Top 5 “Slutwave” songs below.
1. Ke$ha, “Blah Blah Blah”: “To Ke$ha, talk is cheap. If things go her way, you’ll shut the hell up and get to the bottom line: are you DTF, or what?”
2. Katy Perry, “I Kissed A Girl”: “Girls have been getting drunk and kissing each other at parties since the dawn of civilization, and it only took something like millions of years for the act to get its own theme song.”
3. Christina Aguilera, “Dirrty”: “[Christina's] image overhaul came complete with the video for ‘Dirrty,’ which found her dressed in ass-less chaps, dancing in a boxing ring, surrounded by brawny men in what appeared to be the makings of a gangbang.”
4. Willa Ford, “I Wanna Be Bad”: “In 2001 her introduction to TRL audiences was ‘I Wanna Be Bad,’ a song about a woman embracing her naughty side. To hear Ford tell it, slutting it up never felt so good.”
5. Britney Spears, “Gimme More”: “Britney has said this song is about people’s fascination with her private life. Bitch, please—’Gimme More’ is about f—ing in the club!”
Let’s sidestep our initial feeling that men are just as culpable of riding the “Slutwave” as women. (Enrique Iglesias’ latest partner-swapping video, anyone?) But songs we would have definitely included are Keri Hilson’s “The Way You Love Me”, Ciara’s “Ride”, Khia’s “My Neck, My Back” and The Veronicas’ “Take Me On The Floor.” What dirrty-minded tunes are left off this list?