After selling 88,000 more copies of 21 last week, Adele returns to #1 on the Billboard Top 200, thus bumping Britney Spears’ Femme Fatale (75,000) down to #2. As predicted, 21 moved just enough copies to cross the 1 million mark, making it the first album to do so in 2011. Only two new albums dent the upper reaches of the new chart—Hollywood Undead’s American Tragedy (#4) and Asking Alexandria’s Reckless & Relentless (#9). See how the rest of the Top 10 played out below.
Altogether, Adele’s sophomore LP has spent four of its seven chart weeks at #1 on the Top 200. Meanwhile, in her home country, the 22-year-old has been #1 on the UK album chart for 11 straight weeks (21 was released a month earlier overseas than it was here).
The Top 10 of Billboard’s Top 200 chart:
1. Adele, 21 *5 weeks*
2. Britney Spears, Femme Fatale
3. Radiohead, The King Of Limbs
4. Hollywood Undead, American Tragedy *new*
5. Wiz Khalifa, Rolling Papers
6. Chris Brown, F.A.M.E.
7. Various, Songs For Japan
8. Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More
9. Asking Alexandria, Reckless & Relentless *new*
10. Kirk Franklin, Hello Fear