Glee heartthrob Darren Criss appears on the upcoming issue of Billboard, decked out in the full regalia of his charming, golden-piped character Blaine Anderson. Naturally, with Glee: The Music Presents The Warblers on the way, Criss is out on the promo trail spreading the word on the album. And naturally we felt compelled to round up his classiest quotes from the Billboard interview. Read on!
7 CLASSY QUOTES FROM DARREN CRISS’ BILLBOARD COVER STORY
* “I’m gonna be really L.A. I’m gonna put the Bluetooth in my ear.”
* “I’m incredibly anal about everything that I do.”
* “I remember seeing people’s reaction to Aladdin and thinking, ‘Oh, man, I want to be a genie when I grow up!’”
* “What’s crazy is everything I’m doing now on Glee is just an extension of what I’ve been doing my whole life. If they hadn’t given me ‘Teenage Dream,’ I would have been playing it in a cafe somewhere.”
* On the upcoming Glee album featuring music by the Warblers: “My mom is like, ‘Oh, I can’t wait for your album!’ I’m like, ‘Mom, it’s not really my album. My album will come out eventually.’”
* “Blaine definitely had his moment in the sun. I think it’s time to focus back on the characters that fans of the show really know and love. Completely objectively from watching the show, I was like, ‘Why does Blaine get all these songs? This is ridiculous. I want to hear other people doing stuff.’”
* “When I look back on Glee and on this album, it’s like I was offered to live in a golden marshmallow house in the sky. It’s like, ‘Sure! I’ll take it!’ I never thought that it would ever happen, that I would get a magical marshmallow castle in the sky, but my God, thank you.”
What we we learned: it would appear that this dapper 24-year-old with a fondness for open wireless technology has an obsessive tendency to pay attention to detail, harbors somewhat of a Robin Williams complex and mistakenly believes that inhabitable marshmallows can defy gravity. Kids!