Welcome back to the Hype Index, where we look back on the week in pop by grading the biggest news stories and get a tad bit emotional by sharing our feelings about them. This third week in August brought us a drama from Lady Gaga, Azealia Banks as well as Drake and Chris Brown. But they couldn’t steal the thunder of new debuts by way of Taylor Swift (in the form of a song) and Miley Cyrus (in the form of a drastic haircut). Just who ranked where? Watch to find out.
To see exactly how these artists entered the hype index, check below.
- Lauryn Hill’s Mugshot Hits The Web
- No Doubt Have ‘Billboard’ Covered
- 2 Chainz’s ‘Based On A T.R.U. Story’: Review Revue
- Chris Brown And Drake Sued For $16 Million For Their Bar Brawl
- Check Out Azealia Banks’ Banned Dazed & Confused Cover
- Green Day Hang With Groupies In Their “Oh Love” Video
- Lady Gaga’s New Fame Perfume Commercial: Watch
- Katy Perry Accidentally Moons A Water Park — Whoops!
- Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” Heading For Huge First-Week Sales
- Miley Cyrus Cuts Off Her Hair: “Never Felt More Me In My Whole Life”