Now that we know Taylor Swift‘s fourth LP Red sold a massive 1.208 million copies in its opening week — the biggest debut since Eminem‘s The Eminem Show sold 1.322 million in its first seven days back in 2002 — it’s a given that the album crashes into the peak position on the Billboard Top 200 this week. This leaves Kendrick Lamar‘s debut LP m.A.A.d. City entering at #2, after selling 241,000.
The rest of the Top 10 is rounded out by holdovers from Jason Aldean, Mumford & Sons, Pink and Brandy, as well as four other debuts: Tony Bennett‘s Viva Duets at #5 (36,000), Gary Clark Jr.‘s Blak & Blu at #6 (35,000), Stone Sour‘s House Of Gold & Bones: Part 1 at #7 (31,000) and Lady Antebellum‘s holiday effort On This Winter’s Night at #9 (around 25,000).
The Top 10 Of Billboard’s Top 200 Chart
1. Taylor Swift, Red *new* *1 week*
2. Kendrick Lamar, m.A.A.d. City *new*
3. Jason Aldean, Night Train
4. Mumford & Sons, Babel
5. Tony Bennett, Viva Duets *new*
6. Gary Clark Jr., Blak & Blu *new*
7. Stone Sour, House Of Gold & Bones: Part 1 *new*
8. Pink, The Truth About Love
9. Lady Antebellum, On This Winter’s Night *new*
10. Brandy, Two Eleven