Beyonce was kind enough to let the public have a behind-the-scenes look at her upcoming Super Bowl Halftime Show — well, it was more of a glimpse than a look, really. Just days away from her performance at Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, Bey teased fans with several black and white shots of her rehearsals via her Tumblr.
Here’s what we’re able to glean about the pop star’s upcoming extravaganza from these pics:
- Bey is seen working with and dancer Chris Grant which is a sign she’s smartly keeping to her reliable creative team: Frank Gatson, Jr. and Kim Burse.
- The only dancers and musicians seen in this rehearsal are women, which would make for perfect use of “Run The World (Girls)” in Beyonce’s setlist.
- There are no shots of Michelle Williams or Kelly Rowland. Either Michelle wastelling the truth about there not being a Destiny’s Child reunion at the halftime show, or Queen B still knows how to keep a secret. (See also: the first trimester of her pregnancy with Blue Ivy.)
- A photo of an equipment case labeled “Beyonce’s Gear” and has “Keytars” written on it. Keytars, plural! Could this be a hint at a special guest? Alicia Keys has been known to play the keytar. (Then again, so has will.i.am.)
- Lastly, these BTS shots prove that Beyonce sweats, wears leggings and Uggs and hides a bad hair day under a knit cap just like the rest of us. Only when Beyonce does it, she still looks flawless.
Tell us your own thoughts on Bey’s rehearsal photos below.